Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by todd tredeau <to...@wisernet.com> on 2002/03/25 19:07:51 UTC

tomcat 4.1 - 3/7 and 3/23 build jndi contribute alias host

Hello;
        We have a jndi source written for manager which works with
Netware / NDS. I would like to contribute it so it can be intergrated
with current builds. It works with the 3-7 build, and of course now
would have to be re-written because of changes in the latests builds.
Perhaps it can be integrated in such a way that will be acceptable for
the project. If one developer wishes to have the source, contact me
directly and I'll send it to you.

        I have a question on alias with tomcat. I create an alias host,
ie www.acsfriends.org. This is setup as a jsp site. When you enter the
raw domain, without the www, it is taking you to the tomcat startup
page... everything seems right, I am not sure if it is an apache bug or
tomcat bug.. or me dummy bug..

thanks

todd

Question about implementation.

Posted by Bob Lee <cr...@crazybob.org>.
I noticed that the implementation of <jsp:include/> uses a
RequestDispatcher.include() to include the content. It appears to pass on
the request from the calling the page. Doesn't this mean that the parameters
passed to the including page will be made available to the included page?

When you use the <param/> tags with the JSP include, it adds them to the URL
as a query string. It doesn't appear to do anything to pre-existing
parameters.

Thanks,
Bob