Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Ivan Soleimanipour <iv...@sbcglobal.net> on 2020/02/14 06:30:09 UTC

Re: building CND

On 2/13/20 6:23 AM, Peter Kovacs wrote:
> Okay,
>
> I had to remove validation.nb.cluster.cnd=cnd.kit, too.
>
> Now I get the Target "all-cnd" does not exist in the project "main". error.
>
> However I get the same error when trying to build dlight.
>
> Now from the Jira I concluded that I might need to call ant differently. So I tried
>
> ant -f cnd/cnd.editor -Dcluster.config=cnd run
>
> Now I am stuck on the Issue
>
> netbeans/nbbuild/templates/projectized.xml:101: No dependent module org.netbeans.libs.clank
>
> So next step would be to build clank from
>
> https://github.com/java-port/clank ?

I think that will feed the dependency avalanche.

org.netbeans.libs.clank is just a bundle file (bundle files mostly contain default i18n text) so it should just
build w/o any issues. I.e. _don't_  remove libs.clank from nb.cluster.cnd

> I tried to remove the dependency clank from the cluster, but ant stayed persistant in requesting clank.

"ant clean" to the rescue?

> Am 09.02.20 um 10:28 schrieb Geertjan Wielenga:
>> Thanks a lot for this history lesson -- so great that we have people with
>> this long perspective on where the code came from and so on.

Hmm ... Geertjan ... I never received your reply. I'm only seeing it for the first time in Peters quote.
Case of Reply vs ReplyAll or ???

>> I have also seen "Target "all-cnd" does not exist in the project "main"".
>>
>> But then sometimes it just goes away.

No such luck with me.

>> Reminds me a bit of this discussion:
>>
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/netbeans-dev/201809.mbox/%3CCACkjAxSSrrL66SuA9HEyqQxY4OyrXYgkYeMvG50Rktrda-ErEA@mail.gmail.com%3E

Yeah, looks familiar but the resolution was "magical".

>> If you/we can get further with this, that would be great

I poked at it some more and learned a bit more:

The 'all-' list is built in the 'init' ant target. So you can concentrate on the problem by just issuing
"ant -Dcluster.config=cnd init" and this is what you'll get:
     [insert-module-all-targets] Cannot find build prerequisite org.netbeans.modules.hibernate of /home/open/nb-geertjan/contrib/hibernateweb

I _think_ the contrib/hibernateweb error is a red herring ... it's just a warning as it _doesn't_ abort the build.

I took a look at my /tmp/nb-scan-cache-2f523585-full.ser. It's binary but it's clear that it doesn't contain anything
relating to CND in it. I blew it away thinking it's stale but no joy. In fact "ant clean" blows it away anyway.

If you _do_ blow away your /tmp/nb-scan-cache-blah and try "ant -Dcluster.config=cnd init" there's a bunch of stuff
that gets fetched from the cloud:

      [echo] Bootstrapping NetBeans-specific Ant extensions...
     [javac] Compiling 95 source files to /home/open/nb-geertjan/nbbuild/build/antclasses
       [jar] Building jar: /home/open/nb-geertjan/nbbuild/build/nbantext.jar
[configureproxy] Resetting proxyHost to empty string
       [get] Getting: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=netbeans-jenkins-lib.git;a=blob_plain;f=meta/netbeansrelease.json
       [get] To: /home/open/nb-geertjan/nbbuild/build/netbeansrelease.json
      [copy] Warning: Could not find file /home/open/nb-geertjan/nbbuild/gitinfo.properties to copy.
      [copy] Warning: Could not find file /home/open/nb-geertjan/nbbuild/netbeansrelease.properties to copy.

So ... is the netbeansrelease.json stuff on gitbox somehow lacking CND? I poked around but it doesn't seem to
mention clusters anyway.

nb-scan-cache is created by the ModuleListParser ant task. It uses {nb.clusters.list} as input. Echoing {nb.clusters.list}
shows that it _does_ contain nb.cluster.cnd.

That's where my investigations are at now..

>> -- and please feel
>> free to provide pull requests to my fork.

Gladly but I don't have anything meaty yet.

Peter, could you please try w/o removing the libs.clank dependency?

Re: building CND

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
I thought we need it because the build was complaining lib.clank is missing.

And I did not find it. But it seems I had tomato - eyes and missed the
folder.

-.-

Re: building CND

Posted by Ivan Soleimanipour <iv...@sbcglobal.net>.

That, in turn, implies that stock NB+CND should be buildable w/o https://github.com/java-port/clank

Re: building CND

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
Done. Jan's repo is from this point the central cnd version which, if/when
everything is sorted out, will be the basis of our cnd work going forward.

Gj

Re: building CND

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.

Re: building CND

Posted by Jan Lahoda <la...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 11:49 PM Sven Reimers <sv...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Anybody any clue why cnd.antlr was nor donated?

I suspect it is the usual: not having sufficient rights to do so. (Which,
frankly, makes sense, given this is a fork on the antlr project.)

Anyway, I think it is a relatively small issue, compared to many others.

Jan

Re: building CND

Posted by Sven Reimers <sv...@gmail.com>.

Re: building CND

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
Yes, these are some of the files listed in Jan's instructions.

It will be good to catch anything that there is in addition to what Jan
describes, to make his instructions as complete as possible.

Gj

Re: building CND

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
I get the message:

Re: building CND

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.

Re: building CND

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
Okay I merged your cnd branch into my repo. Still not build able thought.

I do understand it correctly that I still need to move some files as
described in your readme?

    Building

    --------

    To build the C/C++ support, please copy the following files from the
    original NetBeans repository to your clone:

I found some files are integrated others are not. Sorry, if I ask. I am
just not sure at the moment.

All the Best

Peter

Am 25.02.20 um 21:19 schrieb Jan Lahoda:
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 11:24 AM Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> I am sorry, no offense ment. I do not understand some of your decisions.
>>
>> Can you maybe elaborate? Whatever your desicion is based on it is okay
>> for me.
>>

>> Why did you start over and not based your work on GJs repo?
>>
> I tried to make it so that we can join histories (i.e. put the Emilian's
> repository based on the Mercurial version) below the apache/netbeans
> repository and have history for the files go as back as possible. It is
> entirely possible we might want/need to start over again.
Okay. sounds good.

>> why do you replace
>>
>> <specification-version>2.8</specification-version>
>>
>> with
>>
>> <specification-version>1.0</specification-version>
>>
>> in
>>
>> cnd/cnd.asm/nbproject/project.xml
>> <
>> https://github.com/jlahoda/netbeans/commit/5d700b28fd371f940c195d24d932e70c6de7feb7#diff-58679d11d8852ddf2aaef67775925000>
>>

>> ?
>>
> cnd.antlr was not donated. The direction that I took is to take a build of
> cnd.antlr, and include it as a binary - it cannot be part of the Apache
> repo, but if there's a binary, Apache NetBeans can use it, as it was under
> (among other) the CDDL license. To include it as a binary, I created a new
> lib module, and simply started the versioning from 1.0. Not sure that's
> important at all - we can rename the module, change its version or
> anything, and does not change much. That module is likely to need some
> cleanup anyway.
Thanks for the information.

Re: building CND

Posted by Jan Lahoda <la...@gmail.com>.