Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org> on 2018/02/03 00:38:12 UTC

MigrationClient and MigrationServer

I just ran across two classes in org.apache.geode.internal package:
* MigrationClient
* MigrationServer

They have the javadoc @since GemFire 6.0.1 so I suspect these are no longer
useful or relevant. Can I delete these classes?

Thanks,
Kirk

Re: MigrationClient and MigrationServer

Posted by Michael Stolz <ms...@pivotal.io>.
Yeah we made a change to our diskstore format right around 6.0 that caused
customers to have to migrate all their persistent stores.
I don't think we have any plans to attempt any migrations from pre-6.0 any
more ;)

+1 for deleting these

--
Mike Stolz
Principal Engineer, GemFire Product Lead

Posted by Bruce Schuchardt <bs...@pivotal.io>.
+1

Posted by Udo Kohlmeyer <uk...@pivotal.io>.
+1 to remove. UNLESS we want to start a migration module, which could
contain all the scripts or classes we require to do some migration on/off
line...

--Udo

Posted by Anilkumar Gingade <ag...@pivotal.io>.