Posted to user@ode.apache.org by ratha <ra...@wso2.com> on 2008/11/18 08:16:41 UTC

InstanceManagementAPI

Hi all,

I'm trying to communicate with the InstanceMangementAPI/  /to list all
the instances available../
/I'm using ODE.war distribution with tomcat./
/my javascript is as follows,/

function getAllInstaces()
     {
var instances_available  = InstanceManagementService.listAllInstances();
 var x=instances_available.getElementsByTagName("ns:iid");
  for (i=0;i<x.length;i++)
              {
              document.write(x[i].childNodes[0].nodeValue);
              document.write("<br />");
              }

      }

getAllInstaces();

Note:It  should return the avilable iid's(some numbers) at the browser

/But i couldnt get any output.(the problem is it didnt create an
object(/ instances_available /) with the server).

I'm placing my javascript,html file at the samelevel of WEB-INF,META-INF
directories.

I dont know what is the error exactly. Is the error in my object
creation? or any others..

I'm using jdk1.6 with eclipse IDE(i think all required libraries are
available with this distribution).

Thanks,

-Ratha.

Re: InstanceManagementAPI

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.
On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 1:31 AM, ratha <ra...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm getting an exception like..
> *'WebServiceError is not defined'*

Would you have a whole stacktrace or something a little more descriptive?
The test cases we have suing listIntances() all seem to pass. By the way in
your code fragment, the namespace prefix isn't required to be 'ns' so that
may be a reason why you're not seeing any element returned there.

Matthieu

Re: InstanceManagementAPI

Posted by ratha <ra...@wso2.com>.
Hi all,