Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Jerry Murray <Jm...@Ironplanet.com> on 2000/08/09 04:06:39 UTC

Addressbook sample demo

I am trying to run the AddressBook sample. I've gotten to the point where I
can get the server to return the deployed service information.

Now if I tried to run (in the sample/addressbook directory):

		java samples.addressbook.AddressBook.<method_name>
http<local......>/../rpcrouter.jsp

all I get is class not found.

I've look at other messages and I have the xerces file first in the
classpath.

Here's the deployed service information:

Property                                  Details
ID                                urn:AddressFetcher
Scope                             Application
Provider Type                     java
Provider Class            samples.addressbook.AddressBook
Use Static Class                     false
Methods                  getAddressFromName, addEntry, getAllListings,
putListings
Type Mappings [TypeMapping
encodingStyle=http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/,elementType=urn:ibm-
soap-address-demo:address,javaType=samples.addressbook.Address,java2XMLClass
Name=org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer,xml2JavaClassName=org.a
pache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer]
[TypeMapping
encodingStyle=http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/,elementType=urn:ibm-
soap-address-demo:phone,javaType=samples.addressbook.PhoneNumber,java2XMLCla
ssName=org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer,xml2JavaClassName=org
.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer]

Jerry Murray
jmurray@ironplanet.com
650/463-4264

Re: Addressbook sample demo

Posted by Cory Isaacson <ci...@capita2.com>.
This is because you need to set the CLASSPATH in both the client and the
server to include the root directory (the one above the samples directory).

However, I had a problem after this point so if you do get it working, I may
have more questions for you.

Thanks,

Cory

Re: Addressbook sample demo