Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Eric Evans <ee...@acunu.com> on 2012/01/27 21:08:10 UTC

#3665 / new test target

Hey all,

In #3665 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-3665) I
added a new test target to ant called test-clientutil-jar.  The
purpose of this test is to exercise apache-cassandra-clientutil.jar
using only the dependencies that we expect (commons-lang and guava);
If a new dependency sneaks its way into that code, then the test
should produce an error.

I didn't include this in the main test target (actually, the test
itself is probably included by virtue of where it is in-tree), because
it is kind of a special-case target (a failure here might mean
something different), and because it invokes the jar target; We can,
but I wanted to see what others thought first (those targets are
already a little unwieldy).

Should we add this to run as part of "test", or leave it to be
configured separately by CI systems?

--
Eric Evans
Acunu | http://www.acunu.com | @acunu