Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Evelyn Wilkerson <ev...@hybriddesign.net> on 2008/04/07 16:08:19 UTC

[users@httpd] Configuration problem

I’m a complete newbie to Apache, I’ve used it in the past for SSI purposes,
but Apache was already installed & configured. Now I’m trying to do this on
my own and I’m totally lost. I’m receiving the following error message when
I try to start Apache:

Only one usage of each socket address is normally permitted. Could not bind
to address 0.0.0.0:80

No listening sockets available, shutting down.

Anyone that can help, I really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Evelyn

Checked by AVG.
8:56 AM

Re: [users@httpd] Configuration problem

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
2008/4/7 Evelyn Wilkerson <ev...@hybriddesign.net>:

> Only one usage of each socket address is normally permitted. Could not bind
> to address 0.0.0.0:80

Overlapping listen directives or some other application listening on port 80?

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

RE: [users@httpd] Configuration problem

Posted by Narendra Verma <na...@impetus.co.in>.
Hi

Just change your listen port in httpd.conf file

Listen 1100

ServerName  <ip>:1100

Narendra