Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/21 11:26:50 UTC

Jackrabbit 2.1.2 and 2.0.3 release plans

Hi,

At work we have a need for backporting the JCR-2699 improvements back
to the 2.1 and 2.0 branches. I'd like to push these changes to our
maintenance branches and push them out in the 2.1.2 and 2.0.3 patch
releases. This would be against our preference to avoid other than
low-risk bugfix changes in patch releases, but I believe the benefits
of the JCR-2699 improvements outweight the increased risk of
regressions. The changes are internal to jackrabbit-core, so there
won't be any deployment impact or potential for
backwards-compatibility issues.

Unless anyone objects, I plan to cut both of these releases early next
week. See the issue tracker for the other fixes targeted for these
patch releases, and feel free to tag other (already fixed) issues for
backporting if you think they should be included.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Jackrabbit 2.1.2 and 2.0.3 release plans

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
From a purely selfish point of view +1,
Jukka big thank you for back-porting these fixes to 2.1, I tired several times locally and failed miserably.
I am going to try and force a delay of our release so we can depend on these.
Thanks
Ian