Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Marchand <jb...@alternative-advice.com> on 2000/04/26 18:41:16 UTC

PHP integration with Cocoon

Hi,

I've recently discovered Cocoon and it seems to be a really interesting
project. Thanks to Stefano Mazzochi and the whole team for their great work !

I've seen on this mailing list a thread (end of january) about PHP and
Cocoon, ended by two interesting messages :

- one of Sam Ruby, saying he was working on PHP integration with Cocoon,
saying that the new versions of PHP 4 (beta and now release candidate)
could be used as servlet.

- one of Stefano Mazzochi, in which he said that the Cocoon team was
working on the possibility to use PHP for the logic of the pages.

I would like to know if someone has been working on this and what are the
Cocoon team's plans regarding PHP integration.

Thanks for your help.

Jean-Baptiste Marchand
--
Jean-Baptiste.Marchand@epita.fr
GNU Emacs : Eventually Malloc's All Computer Storage

Re: PHP integration with Cocoon

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Jean-Baptiste Marchand wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've recently discovered Cocoon and it seems to be a really interesting
> project. Thanks to Stefano Mazzochi and the whole team for their great work !
>
> I've seen on this mailing list a thread (end of january) about PHP and
> Cocoon, ended by two interesting messages :
>
> - one of Sam Ruby, saying he was working on PHP integration with Cocoon,
> saying that the new versions of PHP 4 (beta and now release candidate)
> could be used as servlet.

correct.

> - one of Stefano Mazzochi, in which he said that the Cocoon team was
> working on the possibility to use PHP for the logic of the pages.

yes, Sam will be working on that when adding other scripting languages
to XSP but don't ask me when or how :)

> I would like to know if someone has been working on this and what are the
> Cocoon team's plans regarding PHP integration.

I would support it but I know nothing about PHP so I won't be able to
help. You should talk to Sam if you want to give a hand.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: PHP integration with Cocoon

Posted by Kevin Sonney <ke...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Wed, 26 Apr 2000, Jean-Baptiste Marchand wrote:
> - one of Sam Ruby, saying he was working on PHP integration with
> Cocoon, saying that the new versions of PHP 4 (beta and now release
> candidate) could be used as servlet.

I know that PHP 4 *compiles* as a servlet, but I haven't tried it
yet. integrating it into cocoon would be, basically, calling the PHP java
code as annother XSP lang, right?

> I would like to know if someone has been working on this and what are the
> Cocoon team's plans regarding PHP integration.

I'm not, currently, but am now considering it, as I like PHP, and it ahs
some nice form validation-y things in it. Plus I see these XML support
options as well....

--
- Kevin Sonney
  kevin@webslingerZ.com