Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de> on 2001/09/21 09:33:46 UTC

[C2]: Problems with current version

Hi Team,

I just tested the current cvs of 2.0: there are at least two
problems with the examples:

1. Aggregation: The url "http://www.slashdot.org/slashdot.xml" does not
provide
   xml anymore. Has anyone a different working url providing xml or should
we
   remove it?

2. The state examples:
   There seems to be a bug in the currently used xalan version:
   "When accessing child nodes in a NodeList passed to an extension
    function an DTMDOMException is thrown."
   This possible bug was detected by Christian and is reported to bugzilla
   as bug 3722.
   We can eiter exclude the two state examples or revert to an older version
   of xalan (perhaps D4 or D5 should work).
   As there were some major problems in those versions of Xalan, I think
   reverting the xalan version is not an option, we should remove the
examples.

Are there any other problems with the examples?

And there is another problem:
When the distribution is build using JDK1.2 the tools.jar of the jdk1.2 is
copied
to the distribution as javac.jar. When the distribution is now rebuild with
jdk1.3
or used with jdk 1.3, this jar cannot be read, making C2 unusable. You have
delete the javac.jar by hand.
I would propose that we do not distribute the tools.jar (or javac.jar) in
the
distribution. Or would this create other problems?

Carsten

Re: [C2]: Problems with current version

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 21.Sep.2001 -- 09:33 AM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> 2. The state examples:

>    We can eiter exclude the two state examples or revert to an older version
>    of xalan (perhaps D4 or D5 should work).

D8 is the last version that I know of that works (with respect to
these examples).

Bug has been reported to xalan-dev on sep-14. No response apart from
"please enter it into Bugzilla" has been received so far.

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de

Re: [C2]: Problems with current version

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
Quoting Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>:

> Hi Team,
>
> I just tested the current cvs of 2.0: there are at least two
> problems with the examples:
>
> 1. Aggregation: The url "http://www.slashdot.org/slashdot.xml" does not
> provide
>    xml anymore. Has anyone a different working url providing xml or
> should
> we
>    remove it?

Hmm.., can't we turn those examples, which depend on external resources, into
local ones?

> 2. The state examples:
>    There seems to be a bug in the currently used xalan version:
>    "When accessing child nodes in a NodeList passed to an extension
>     function an DTMDOMException is thrown."
>    This possible bug was detected by Christian and is reported to
> bugzilla
>    as bug 3722.
>    We can eiter exclude the two state examples or revert to an older
> version
>    of xalan (perhaps D4 or D5 should work).
>    As there were some major problems in those versions of Xalan, I think
>    reverting the xalan version is not an option, we should remove the
> examples.

Is anybody on the Xalan list to address these bugs?

> Are there any other problems with the examples?
>
> And there is another problem:
> When the distribution is build using JDK1.2 the tools.jar of the jdk1.2
> is
> copied
> to the distribution as javac.jar. When the distribution is now rebuild
> with
> jdk1.3
> or used with jdk 1.3, this jar cannot be read, making C2 unusable. You
> have
> delete the javac.jar by hand.
> I would propose that we do not distribute the tools.jar (or javac.jar)
> in
> the
> distribution. Or would this create other problems?

I think we should not distribute the tools.jar and place a note on a binary
and complete dist how to complete the webapp directory. A source dist is not
affect by this.

Giacomo

AW: [C2]: Problems with current version

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>.