Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Volkm@r" <pl...@arcor.de> on 2005/07/07 09:21:53 UTC

Re: Removing 'cocoon' from url: effect on Tomcat Admin and Manager apps

David wrote:
> This is a familiar question, I recall, but I'm trying to remove the
> 'cocoon/' from my application.  I did it by adding this to Tomcat's
> server.xml:
>
> Context path=""" docBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon" ...

Why don't you start with creating a new "host" {your hostname} in
tomcat, and set this as default host. Then you can still access tomcat
samples with http://localhost.....

Here is my sample using several virtual hosts.
<http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/VirtualHostingHostMatcher>

The important part of the configuration is described in
<http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonEasyInstallation>
in the "Edit server.xml" section.
--
Volkm@r