Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Ivan Veselovsky <iv...@gridgain.com> on 2017/06/05 15:49:20 UTC

Re: Data visualization with IGFS

Hi, Ishan-Jain,
can you please clarify, what exactly would you like to visualize.

If you want to visualize the file listings, Hadoop API is quite enough: just
type "hadoop fs -ls igfs:// ... " on the console.
If you want a GUI to browse files, there is a wide choice: you can use any
tool that can browse a Hadoop file system via the
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem API. Not sure about Zeppelin, as it seems to
connect to Hadoop file system using WebHDFS REST API, which is not supported
in Ignite.

If you would like to see not just file system listing, but what files are
really *cached* in IGFS (in memory), this can be done using IGFS metrics.
Currently IGFS metrics can only be taken programmically from running code,
but there is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-5168 that suggests
patch exposing these metrics via MBeans.

Re: Data visualization with IGFS

Posted by ishan-jain <ja...@gmail.com>.
I have prices stored in HDFS . I want to visualize them.Now this should be
very fast so should work with ignite as cache layer.