Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Vjeran Marcinko <vj...@tis.hr> on 2005/05/22 15:59:38 UTC

[OT] Web apps should be structured to reflect domain?

Hi everyone.

I just wanna hear best practices for structuring Tapestry web apps.
I have seen frequently around a structure "pages" and "components" packages
like this:

com.mycompany.myapp.tapestry.pages
com.mycompany.myapp.tapestry.components

Following the rule that app should be modularized by domain, and not
underlying framework, we should have something like this if imagining that
web is interacting with some domain logic having "users" and "messages"
subdomains:
com.mycompany.myapp.tapestry.users (contains all pages and components
related to users)
com.mycompany.myapp.tapestry.messages (contains all pages and components
related to messages)

Or something like this, that combines both, but granularity seems like
overkill:
com.mycompany.myapp.tapestry.users.pages
com.mycompany.myapp.tapestry.users.components
com.mycompany.myapp.tapestry.messages.pages
com.mycompany.myapp.tapestry.messages.components

Thoughts? Experiences?

-Vjeran

Re: [OT] Web apps should be structured to reflect domain?

Posted by Markus Eberle <Ma...@tngtech.com>.
Hi,

we mostly use something like
com.company.app.tapestry.pages.user
com.company.app.tapestry.pages.messages
com.company.app.tapestry.components.user
com.company.app.tapestry.components.messages

so you see what the tapestry part is and could there choose from the domain
part.

Cheers,
    Markus