Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Alan Clark <al...@telchemy.com> on 2011/11/17 19:46:39 UTC

Expected release date for 1.6.2 ??

Our application (using 1.6.1) is being severely performance limited by the
caching problems reported in #5119, #4878 and #4524.  We understand that
these are resolved in 1.6.2 however would very much appreciate knowing when
this would be available.  We would also be quite happy to test this release
(or pre-release) and provide feedback  if that would be useful.

Thanks

Alan

Re: Expected release date for 1.6.2 ??

Posted by Alan Clark <al...@telchemy.com>.
We tested the snapshots for both 1.6.2 and 1.7, and found similar
performance limitations.  Our db query returns in a few seconds however
Axis2 adds around 15 seconds to the response time. We¹ll do some profiling
to see if we can see where the time is being spent.

Regards

Alan

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alan,

--
Sagara Gunathunga

Blog      - http://ssagara.blogspot.com
Web      - http://people.apache.org/~sagara/

Re: Expected release date for 1.6.2 ??

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 11:32 AM, Andreas Veithen <andreas.veithen@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Here are the things that we need to get done to do the Axis2 1.6.2 release:
>
> 1. Finish the 1.6.1 release cycle by releasing Sandesha2 1.6.1. The
> branch is in a releasable state, so the required effort is relatively
> limited.
> 2. Release Axiom 1.2.13. There are 3 remaining issues in scope for
> that release (2 issues that should be easy to fix and 1 that is
> already done but for which some cleanup and documentation work is
> still pending). There have been lots of fixes and improvements since
> the previous release, so there is also some work to be done to write
> the release notes and update some of the documentation. We also need
> to validate that we have a working mime4j release (very likely 0.7 is
> OK; otherwise we need to push the James project to do a 0.7.1 or 0.8
> release first).

During the ApacheCon I had a chat with few folks from James project about
our mime4j use in Axiom project. They were very happy and they will do
release or improvements if we ask.

Thanks !

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alan Clark <al...@telchemy.com>.
Brando

These issues impact the throughput you can achieve - for example if you are
retrieving an array of complex types (which we are).  The fix to this
appears to reduce the time taken to retrieve data by a factor of 4-5.  Even
on a notebook PC our database query retrieves 1000 records in a couple of
seconds however on a faster multicore server with SSD it takes over 20
seconds to get 1000 records through the WS API.

The problem is apparently resolved in 1.6.2 and 1.7.0, so if you are
planning to move to 1.6 and are concerned about performance then I¹d suggest
using 1.6.2, which hopefully (!!!) will be available soon

Regards

Alan

On 11/17/11 1:52 PM, "Brando.Arguello@gdc4s.com" <Br...@gdc4s.com>
wrote:

> Alan,
> What are #5119, #4878 and #4524?
>  We¹re migrating from 1.5.1 to Axis 1.6 and performance is one of our main
> concerns.
>
> Thank You.
> Brando

Posted by Br...@gdc4s.com.
Alan,

What are #5119, #4878 and #4524?

 We're migrating from 1.5.1 to Axis 1.6 and performance is one of our
main concerns.

Thank You.

Brando