Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Denis Bohm <de...@fireflydesign.com> on 2003/10/01 20:55:23 UTC

Batik Plugin?

Can Batik be run as an Internet Explorer Plugin?  In the same way as the
Adobe SVG Viewer?

Re: Batik Plugin?

Posted by Vincent Hardy <Vi...@Sun.COM>.

Thomas DeWeese wrote:

> Denis Bohm wrote:
>
>> Can Batik be run as an Internet Explorer Plugin?  In the same way as the
>> Adobe SVG Viewer?
>

>   Not that I am aware of.  Some people have played with using Batik
> as an applet.  You can also start it from a web page using Java Web
> Start,
> but AFAIK you can't use java to handle a particular mime type in IE,
> apparently this _is_ possible in Mozilla (I think they were/are called
> pluglets) this was done for a _very_ early version of Batik but I
> don't know where that code is (I don't think it was ever actually
> contributed- and it probably wouldn't be all that useful at this point).

Thomas,

Your recollection is correct: we did a proof of concept using a Mozilla
project called Blackwood. This was over two years ago. See:

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/blackwood/overview.html

Vincent.

Re: Batik Plugin?

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.