Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Arjun Dhar <dh...@yahoo.com> on 2011/09/27 07:51:47 UTC

Feedback panel inherits parent panel feebdack?

Hey, i guess i was sleeping when this one was taught.

I have a Feetback panel on the parent panel.
Then in a WebMarkupContainer, have added another feedback panel.

When I add .info(...) or .error(...) to feedback panel in parent it appears
in both.

Must be some component hierarchy trickle down effect but Weird right?
And if this is intentional why is it needed?

-----
Software documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is very, very good; and when it is bad, it is still better than nothing!

Re: Feedback panel inherits parent panel feebdack?

Posted by Dan Retzlaff <dr...@gmail.com>.
I've hit this too. You're not the first to be surprised by this behavior.
http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Page-and-compoenent-level-feedback-are-mixing-together-td1846435.html

I agree that there's something unintuitive about all FeedbackPanels
rendering all messages, but I haven't devised an alternate strategy that
works universally well. For example, any exclusive FeedbackPanel selection
criterion gets difficult when only one FeedbackPanel or another is rendered
in an AJAX response.

ContainerFeedbackMessageFilter might be a good fit for your inner
FeedbackPanel. I'd be interested to hear what you or others use for their
"catch all" FeedbackPanels.

Dan

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
all feedback panels get all feedback messages. use
ifeedbackmessagefilter provided impls or your own to filter messages
that panels consume...

-igor