Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "kobe.free.world@gmail.com" <ko...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/08 09:45:27 UTC

SOLR - Recommendation on architecture

Hi,

We are planning to use SOLR 4.1 for full text indexing. Following is the
hardware configuration of the web server that we plan to install SOLR on
CPU: 2 x Dual Core (4 cores), RAM: 12GB, Storage: 212GB, OS Version –
Windows 2008 R2

The dataset will have approx. 800k records, with 450 fields per record.
Query response time should be btw 200ms-800ms.

Please suggest if the current single server implementation should work fine
and if the specified configuration is enough for the requirement.

Thanks!