Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Chris Withers <ch...@simplistix.co.uk> on 2010/02/18 13:16:02 UTC

Re: merge doesn't merge changes - bug, but in which version?

Chris Withers wrote:
> - svn co
> https://secure.simplistix.co.uk/svn/Simplistix/testfixtures/branches/1.8
>
> - svn merge -r 4195:HEAD
> https://secure.simplistix.co.uk/svn/Simplistix/testfixtures/trunk .
>
> Except this merges no changes :-(

Okay, so the server runs svn as supplied in debian stable, which is 1.5.1.

I tried taking a dump of the repository and creating a copy locally from
the dump with the local svn version on my laptop, which is 1.6.0.

In this local copy, the merge works as expected.

*sigh*

So, what version of svn was this bug fixed in and where can I find out
more about it?

Also, what's the recommended way for me to get a newer version (where
this bug is fixed) on my debian server?

cheers,

Chris

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk

Re: merge doesn't merge changes - bug, but in which version?

Posted by Chris Withers <ch...@simplistix.co.uk>.
Chris Withers wrote:
> Chris Withers wrote:
>> - svn co
>> https://secure.simplistix.co.uk/svn/Simplistix/testfixtures/branches/1.8
>>
>> - svn merge -r 4195:HEAD
>> https://secure.simplistix.co.uk/svn/Simplistix/testfixtures/trunk .
>>
>> Except this merges no changes :-(
>
> Okay, so the server runs svn as supplied in debian stable, which is 1.5.1.
>
> I tried taking a dump of the repository and creating a copy locally from
> the dump with the local svn version on my laptop, which is 1.6.0.
>
> In this local copy, the merge works as expected.
>
> *sigh*
>
> So, what version of svn was this bug fixed in and where can I find out
> more about it?
>
> Also, what's the recommended way for me to get a newer version (where
> this bug is fixed) on my debian server?

Just to close this out, I ended up moving the server to 1.6 via debian's
backports and it solved the problem...

My love of svn continues to die :-(

Chris

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk