Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Victor Meyerson <ca...@yahoo.com> on 2010/08/27 21:42:07 UTC

Enabling support for DatabaseMetaData.supportsGetGeneratedKeys

Derby Developers,

Looking back at the issue tracker, there is issue DERBY-242 that changed
DatabaseMetaData.supportsGetGeneratedKeys to return false (instead of true)
since DERBY-201 was still an issue.  Since that time DERBY-201 (duplicate of
DERBY-2631 and DERBY-2653) has been resolved.  Is there anything still stopping
DatabaseMetaData.supportsGetGeneratedKeys from being allowed to return true?

Thanks,
Victor

Re: Enabling support for DatabaseMetaData.supportsGetGeneratedKeys

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <kn...@oracle.com>.
Victor Meyerson <ca...@yahoo.com> writes:

> Derby Developers,
>
> Looking back at the issue tracker, there is issue DERBY-242 that changed
> DatabaseMetaData.supportsGetGeneratedKeys to return false (instead of true)
> since DERBY-201 was still an issue.  Since that time DERBY-201 (duplicate of
> DERBY-2631 and DERBY-2653) has been resolved.  Is there anything still stopping
> DatabaseMetaData.supportsGetGeneratedKeys from being allowed to return true?

Hi Victor,

I suppose DERBY-3609 will have to be fixed first. Currently,
getGeneratedKeys() only works correctly for single-row inserts. We also
have the unresolved issues DERBY-4015 and DERBY-4031 related to some
corner cases and missing error handling, but they're probably not
stoppers.

--
Knut Anders