Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chuming Chen <ch...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/25 17:04:45 UTC

create collection from existing managed-schema

Hi All,

From Solr Admin interface, I have created a collection and added field definitions. I can get its managed-schema from the Admin interface.

Can I use this managed-schema to create a new collection? If yes, how?

Thanks,

Chuming

Re: create collection from existing managed-schema

Posted by Chuming Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
Yes. command line with -d works.

Thanks,

Chuming

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 7/25/2018 11:04 AM, Chuming Chen wrote:
> From Solr Admin interface, I have created a collection and added field definitions. I can get its managed-schema from the Admin interface.
>
> Can I use this managed-schema to create a new collection? If yes, how?

What Solr version?

The fact that you talk about "collection" suggests that you are running
in SolrCloud mode.  If you're not running in cloud mode, then
"collection" is not the correct terminology for an index.

If you're running in cloud mode, then your configuration for the
existing collection (which includes the schema) will be stored in
zookeeper, and you will be able to create a new collection that also
uses that same configuration.  You'll just have to figure out what the
name of the configuration is.  Keep in mind that any changes you make to
the configuration after that will affect *both* collections.

If you're not running in cloud mode, then creating a new core usually
involves placing a conf directory before trying to create the core - it
can't be done entirely via HTTP.

Thanks,
Shawn

RE: create collection from existing managed-schema

Posted by Rahul Chhiber <ra...@cumulus-systems.com>.
Hi,

If you want to share schema and/or other configurations between collections, you need to create a configset. Then, specify this configset while creating any collections.

Any changes made to that configset or schema will reflect in all collections that are using it.

By default, Solr has the _default configset for any collections created without explicit configset.

Regards,
Rahul Chhiber

Can I use this managed-schema to create a new collection? How?

Thanks,

Chuming

create collection from existing managed-schema

Posted by Chuming Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

From Solr Admin interface, I have created a collection and added field definitions. I can get its managed-schema from the Admin interface.