Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Horace Miles <Ho...@myit-solutions.com> on 2014/11/28 15:52:11 UTC

Running muliple instances of Openmeetings.

According to the instructions below, multiple instances of openmeetings
can be run on the same server.  Is it possible to make the different
instances use a different database?  If so, how?

Running multiple Openmeetings instances on the same server

If you want to run multiple Openmeetings instances on the same server
i.e. to have
http://yourcorp.com:5080/openmeetings1
http://yourcorp.com:5080/openmeetings2
etc.
you need to do the following:

1.    edit webapps/openmeetings1/WEB-INF/red5-web.properties for every
Openmeetings instance and add the following
linewebapp.contextPath=/openmeetings1 to it (context of every instance
should match the folder name in webapps dir)

2.    in case of java memory problems modify red5.sh add following line:

export JAVA_OPTS="-XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled
-XX:+CMSPermGenSweepingEnabled -XX:MaxPermSize=128M"

or red5.bat:

set JAVA_OPTS=-XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled
-XX:+CMSPermGenSweepingEnabled -XX:MaxPermSize=128M

Re: Running muliple instances of Openmeetings.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Horace,

your font is awesome :)
in case you need multiple OM instances I would try to
1) have different persistence.xml files for each instance
OR better
2) run 2 servers on different ports and use them this way

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax