Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Nathan Beyer <nd...@apache.org> on 2007/12/24 01:49:12 UTC

[index] Should MergePolicy.MergeSpecification be Cloneable

The inner class org.apache.lucene.index.MergePolicy.MergeSpecification
implements the Cloneable tag interface, but doesn't actually implement
a clone method. Should this class really be cloneable? Based on the
fact that MergeSpecification maintains a list of OneMerge objects,
which aren't cloneable, I'm guessing cloneable isn't desired.

I can whip up a patch either way, though removing Cloneable wouldn't
be much of a patch. Let me know.

-nathan

Re: [index] Should MergePolicy.MergeSpecification be Cloneable

Posted by "Michael (Lucene) McCandless" <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Indeed, it should not be!  I'll remove it...thanks!

Mike