Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Michael Marshall <mm...@apache.org> on 2022/08/24 03:10:58 UTC

[DISCUSS] Minor breaking change to 2 method signatures in RangeCache class

Hi All,

I'd like to add some more metrics to the broker entry cache. In order
to do so, I needed to update RangeCache#clear and
RangeCache#evictLEntriesBeforeTimestamp so they return Pair<Integer,
Long> instead of long. This is technically a breaking change, but
since it is an internal broker class, it would only break broker
extensions, if they used the return value for these methods.

Please let me know if you think the changes will be a problem.

Here is the PR: https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/17248.

Thanks,
Michael

Re: [DISCUSS] Minor breaking change to 2 method signatures in RangeCache class

Posted by Qiang Huang <qi...@gmail.com>.
Great work! It can tune the range cache better.

Michael Marshall <mm...@apache.org> 于2022年8月24日周三 11:11写道:

--
BR,
Qiang Huang