Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by JKnight JKnight <be...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/27 06:35:13 UTC

Compatible of client 02x to 05x

Dear all,

Does thrift client 0.2x, 0.3.x compatible with thrift server 0.5.x?

Could you tell me which version of revision r917130 of thrift?

Thank a lot for support.
--
Best regards,
JKnight

Re: Compatible of client 02x to 05x

Posted by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>.
Yes, this is true. However, you can solve this problem by simply
regenerating the Java code from the thrift file.

However, the question you asked is whether an 0.2/0.3 client can communicate
with an 0.5 server, to which the answer is categorically, "yes".

Posted by JKnight JKnight <be...@gmail.com>.
Thrift 040 change method

Posted by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>.