Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by pa...@bt.com on 2001/11/07 14:30:55 UTC

class files and jar files in an application

Is the path to all the class files and jar files within the WEB-INF
directory defined anywhere for use at runtime.  The reason being it appears
that no class files associated with my templates are picked up and no
actions are picked up.  Also all the jar files like for example,
turbine-2.1.jar could not be found initially, I had to copy it to the lib
directory at the top level of the tdk directory.

Paul

Re: class files and jar files in an application

Posted by bp...@pacbell.net.
I think that this is a tomcat thing.  I seem to recall reading something
about how jars under webapps will "find their way into the classpath" of
the running tomcat instance.  Are you saying that your classpath contained
a reference to the jar (somewhere other than under webapps) and the JVM
didn't pick it up?  If this is the behavior that you want, you would
probably need to change your startup.(sh|bat) to include the turbine jar
in your classpath.  If you put it under lib, it just gets included for
you.

-B