Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by zoe slattery <zo...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/05 15:29:17 UTC

Re: Aries site

I've done most of the site conversion, the only real pain was the
downloads table. I suspect there are still a few more links to fix.

The site is here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/aries/branches/site/

and there is a README explaining what I have done so far and some brief instructions for checking out and building the site is anyone wants to do so.

I had thought that we should swap to using this on graduation. However, if we are going to do a 0.3 release in the near future I'd like to switch over now. The main reason for this is that I don't want to go through converting another set of downloads pages.

If we do this the next step is to get the site checked into CMS. So, does anyone object to switching over in the near future?

Zoe

Re: Aries site

Posted by zoe slattery <zo...@gmail.com>.
On 06/12/2010 21:48, Jeremy Hughes wrote:
> On 5 December 2010 14:29, zoe slattery<zo...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I've done most of the site conversion, the only real pain was the downloads
>> table. I suspect there are still a few more links to fix.
>>
>> The site is here:
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/aries/branches/site/
>>
>> and there is a README explaining what I have done so far and some brief
>> instructions for checking out and building the site is anyone wants to do
>> so.
>>
>> I had thought that we should swap to using this on graduation. However, if
>> we are going to do a 0.3 release in the near future I'd like to switch over
>> now. The main reason for this is that I don't want to go through converting
>> another set of downloads pages.
>>
>> If we do this the next step is to get the site checked into CMS. So, does
>> anyone object to switching over in the near future?
> We can't drop the 'incubator' logo and disclaimer from our site until
> we graduate. So I'm ok with switching before we graduate as long as
> those are left in. Alternatively, wait to switch until we've
> graduated.
OK the site is now in the systems and you can view it at this link:
http://aries.staging.apache.org/

Any Aries committer should be able to edit the site but you will need to
install the bookmarklet as described here: https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark.
If you install the bookmarklet, navigate to the staging site and click
on the bookmarklet you should see a screen with an edit button that you
can click on.  This will show you the wiki markup for the site.

Having said that - I can see a couple of obvious problems with the site
at the moment so I'd prefer to fix those up before people start editing
for real :-)

Re: Aries site

Posted by zoe slattery <zo...@gmail.com>.
On 06/12/2010 21:48, Jeremy Hughes wrote:
> On 5 December 2010 14:29, zoe slattery<zo...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I've done most of the site conversion, the only real pain was the downloads
>> table. I suspect there are still a few more links to fix.
>>
>> The site is here:
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/aries/branches/site/
>>
>> and there is a README explaining what I have done so far and some brief
>> instructions for checking out and building the site is anyone wants to do
>> so.
>>
>> I had thought that we should swap to using this on graduation. However, if
>> we are going to do a 0.3 release in the near future I'd like to switch over
>> now. The main reason for this is that I don't want to go through converting
>> another set of downloads pages.
>>
>> If we do this the next step is to get the site checked into CMS. So, does
>> anyone object to switching over in the near future?
> We can't drop the 'incubator' logo and disclaimer from our site until
> we graduate. So I'm ok with switching before we graduate as long as
> those are left in. Alternatively, wait to switch until we've
> graduated.
Sure - I have left all the incubator stuff in as I wasn't sure about the
timing. I've asked Joe to move it into CMS.

Re: Aries site

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.