Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by peter sze <sz...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/01 19:02:05 UTC

different urls to open up same tomcat instance

Hello,

I'm a beginner to apache tomcat, but I've been tasked with solving a problem
with our tomcat servers.  Our tomcat instance is started up with one URL:

https://www.xxx.com/server/servlet/Controller?Command=ShowDashboard<https://sm2.bonfiremedia.com/ebayserver/servlet/Controller?Command=ShowDashboard&tab=12>

which brings up our dashboard with our server's performance.

A second URL was created to bring up the same dashboard.

https://www.xxx.com/s/s/Controller?Command=ShowDashboard<https://sm2.bonfiremedia.com/ebayserver/servlet/Controller?Command=ShowDashboard&tab=12>

but unfortunately, each url starts up a different instance of the server
with different stats.

Is there anyway to make both URLs point to the same instance?

Thanks

Re: different urls to open up same tomcat instance

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: different urls to open up same tomcat instance

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: peter sze [mailto:szepete@gmail.com]
> Subject: different urls to open up same tomcat instance

> Our tomcat instance is started up with one URL:
> which brings up our dashboard with our server's performance.

> A second URL was created to bring up the same dashboard.
>
> but unfortunately, each url starts up a different instance
> of the server with different stats.

> Is there anyway to make both URLs point to the same instance?

Your terminology may be a bit off here; are you actually starting Tomcat with the above URLs, or just accessing a webapp that runs within Tomcat?  There can be many webapps deployed within a single instance of Tomcat.  It's also not at all clear what you mean by "server".

Regardless, the dashboard of which you speak is not part of Tomcat, so it's unlikely anyone here can readily answer your question.

 - Chuck