Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Luong Phan <lu...@yahoo.com> on 2003/08/19 13:52:52 UTC

Re: Error when I start Jakarta-tomcat(Cont)

Hi all,

The file /bin/sh exists, and is executable
(lrwxrwxrwx).

I still get the error massage when I start
jakarta-tomcat.

Please help me!

LuongPhan

--- Reinhard Moosauer <rm...@moosauer.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> seems like
> /bin/sh
> does not exist. I saw the same problem in another
> mail today.
>
> Please check if /bin/sh exists and is executable. It
> really should!
>
> regards,
>
> Reinhard
>
> Am Dienstag, 19. August 2003 11:05 schrieb Luong
> Phan:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am having problem starting TOMCAT, I installed
> > j2sdk1.4.2 and
> > jakarta-tomcat-3.2.4 on the Redhat Linux 7.3.
> Those
> > two directories are
> > located at the /usr/java.
> > I set the envoroment variables in the
> /.bash_profile
> > as the following:
> > JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2
> > TOMCAT_HOME=/usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.4

CLASSPATH=$JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar:$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/servlet.jar
> > export JAVA_HOME TOMECAT_HOME CLASSPATH
> >
> > Every time I try [root@localhost root]#
> > $TOMCAT_HOME/bin/startup.sh
> > I get the massage:

bash:/usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.4/bin/startup.sh:/bin/sh

Re: Error when I start Jakarta-tomcat(Cont) - Error when I load file

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
Search the archives.  Your properties files NEVER go in Tomcat's bin or
conf directories.

Here's an example:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=105792867317795&w=2

John

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.

Posted by Luong Phan <lu...@yahoo.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Luong Phan <lu...@yahoo.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.

Posted by Giorgio Ponza <gi...@opla.it>.
I agree with you.
I'd try to execute a
dos2unix utility on that script file
I had the same problem, maybe copying it from a win version

Giorgio

Posted by Giorgio Ponza <gi...@opla.it>.
I agree with you.

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.