Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Ron Crocker <rc...@newrelic.com> on 2016/12/22 16:33:40 UTC

Can I see the kafka header information in the Flink connector?

Looking at the Kafka 0.8 connector API, my deserializer definitely gets the message but none of the header information, and in particular, message metadata.

Is there a straightforward way to do this (other than upgrading our Kafka cluster ;)). The connector code itself is a bit involved.

Ron
—
Ron Crocker
Principal Engineer & Architect
( ( •)) New Relic
rcrocker@newrelic.com
M: +1 630 363 8835

Re: Can I see the kafka header information in the Flink connector?

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Hi Ron,

there is a KeyedDeserializationSchema for the Kafka connector, that exposes
the source partition, offset and topic.
Is that what you are looking for?