Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Leif Mortenson <le...@tanukisoftware.com> on 2002/04/22 09:06:08 UTC

Commit: Renamed AverageValueInstrumentSample to MeanValueInstrumentSample.

Renamed AverageValueInstrumentSample to MeanValueInstrumentSample.

This is in response to the thread on this subject last week.

This means that the "avg" or "average" sample configuration in
instrument.xml will
no longer work. The token has been changed to "mean".

Cheers,
Leif

Re: configuration.getChild("child", false).getValue();

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002 18:20, Andrei A. Ivanov wrote:
> configuration.getChild("child", false).getValue();
> configuration.getChild("child", true).getValue();
>
> causes "hanging" of configure(...) when such element, "child, doesn't exist
> in config. No exception is thrown. I used, I think, cvs build of 25.04.

In the current build the first one will cause a NullPointerException. The
reason being that there is no child so getChild() will return false. The
second method will cause a ConfigurationException with message

No value is associated with the configuration element "child" at -

As the newly constructed child has internal text. What I believe you may want
to do is

configuration.getChild("child", true).getValue( null )

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

configuration.getChild("child", false).getValue();

Re: Commit: Renamed AverageValueInstrumentSample to MeanValueInstrumentSample.

Posted by Ryan Shaw <ry...@stanfordalumni.org>.
Cool, thanks.