Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Hossam Karim <hr...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/08 17:12:56 UTC

ServiceMix is gone??

Just downloaded Geronimo 1.0 build with Jetty, and ServiceMix is gone. I
wonder why?
The release notes file includes this task:
[GERONIMO-1326] - Remove ServiceMix modules / builder from 1.0 branch.

Someone please clarify...

Re: ServiceMix is gone??

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gu...@worldonline.fr>.
The ServiceMix integration which was in Geronimo trunk on december, just
before the 1.0 was planned, was really outdated and uses one old version
(1.0) of spring.  We had not enough time at the moment to revive it so
the decision to remove it was taken.
We now have a working set of gbeans in svn head
(http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/servicemix/trunk/servicemix-gbean/)
that works much better with servicemix 3.0-SNAPSHOT and a geronimo
deployment plan
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/servicemix/trunk/servicemix-gplan/src/plan/plan.xml
which needs to be updated to Geronimo 1.0.
We are planning to test / document this integration asap, so that users
will be able to use it.

The main feature of this new integration is that ServiceMix is now
deployed as a real JBI container, which can be used to install standard
jbi components and deploy service assemblies / service units.  This
will  be very usefull when used with the new standard jbi components
developped for ServiceMix 3.0, mainly the servicemix-lwcontainer, which
can be used to deploy (nearly) standard servicemix.xml configuration files.
The previous integration could only deploy these files, but was creating
one jbi container for each configuration, so that the components could
not be wired together.
The main problem, for which we currently have a workaround, that would
need to be solve for a proper integration is
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1330.

We will keep informed both servicemix and geronimo user lists as soon as
the integration is finished and ready to use.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: ServiceMix is gone??

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@codehaus.org>.