Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Yong Yang <y....@querix.com> on 2006/12/19 18:20:18 UTC

instant deployment and dynamic invocation

Hi, I started working with Axis, and have read these documents following Axis recommended reading.

However I still have some problems to solve and spent a lot of time to sovle them.

1) Instant deployment problem
I knew there is a instant deployment. I can directly copy the java source code to my webapp directory and rename it with "jws" extension. When the web service consists of more than one class, I  am still using instant deployment. But I got an compile error when I access the web service. Some documents said there are some limitations,  but i don't know what  are the limiations? May I know whether it is possible to deploy a web service with multiple class using instant deployment?

2)Dynamical Invocation
When I invoke a web service using dynamical invocation, I don't know how to send  and receive complex data structure and attachment. Is it possible to achieve that using dynamical invocation?

I would apprieciate it if some one can give me some clue or refer some documents for the above problems.

many thanks
yong

Re: instant deployment and dynamic invocation

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Yong ;
Yes I was talking abt Axis2 , I am very sorry.

Thanks
Deepal

> Hi Deepal,
>
>    Thank you very much for your reply.
>

> >>  >2)Dynamical Invocation
> >>  >When I invoke a web service using dynamical invocation, I don't know how
> >>  to send  and receive complex data structure and attachment. Is it
> >>  possible to achieve that using dynamical invocation?
> >>  >
> >>  >
> >>  We have something similar to this , there what you can do is by giving
> >>  wsdl url of the service you want to invoke you can create service client
> >>  and you can use the to invoke the service. And you need to create the
> >>  payload as OMElement in order to invoke the service
>
> >>  Thanks
> >>  Deepal
>

>It seems you are talking about Axis2. I am using Axis 1.4. If I am wrong, could you please refer some documents for this issue?
>
>many thanks
>yong

Deepal

re[2]: instant deployment and dynamic invocation

Posted by Yong Yang <y....@querix.com>.
 Hi Deepal,

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Yang;

>Hi, I started working with Axis, and have read these documents following Axis recommended reading.
>
>However I still have some problems to solve and spent a lot of time to sovle them.
>
>1) Instant deployment problem
>I knew there is a instant deployment. I can directly copy the java source code to my webapp directory and rename it with "jws" extension. When the web service consists of more than one class, I  am still using instant deployment. But I got an compile error when I access the web service. Some documents said there are some limitations,  but i don't know what  are the limiations? May I know whether it is possible to deploy a web service with multiple class using instant deployment?

In Axis2 (at the moment) we do not have jws type deployment , but what
we have are archive based deployment and POJO deployment.

Posted by Yong Yang <y....@querix.com>.
Hi Michele,
    Thank you very much for your reply.

    I will try your suggestion using hot deployment.

    Dynamical invocation means I will use the following template to call web service instead of using the stub generated by WSDL2Java.

       Service service = new Service();

best regards
yong

Posted by Michele Mazzucco <Mi...@ncl.ac.uk>.

Yong Yang wrote:
> Hi, I started working with Axis, and have read these documents following Axis recommended reading.
>
> However I still have some problems to solve and spent a lot of time to sovle them.
>
> 1) Instant deployment problem
> I knew there is a instant deployment. I can directly copy the java source code to my webapp directory and rename it with "jws" extension. When the web service consists of more than one class, I  am still using instant deployment. But I got an compile error when I access the web service. Some documents said there are some limitations,  but i don't know what  are the limiations? May I know whether it is possible to deploy a web service with multiple class using instant deployment?

You can use hot deployment. Create a aar file containing your classes,
libs and the configuration file describing which operations your web
service should expose and drop it into the services folder.

> 2)Dynamical Invocation
> When I invoke a web service using dynamical invocation, I don't know how to send  and receive complex data structure and attachment. Is it possible to achieve that using dynamical invocation?

What is dynamical invocation?

> I would apprieciate it if some one can give me some clue or refer some documents for the above problems.
>
> many thanks
> yong

Michele