Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by "Nolan, Edell" <Ed...@iona.com> on 2008/05/29 16:08:28 UTC

connecting to the db

Hi,

Is there a way to connect to a db that's already running without attempt
to reboot it.

I have two services and I would like my second service to connect to the
db that already running.

But I get the following errors each time my second service attempts to
run.

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Another instance of Derby may have
already booted the database
C:\servicemix-4.0-m3\data\derby\target\data\derby.

        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)

        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown Source)

        ... 49 more

Caused by: ERROR XSDB6: Another instance of Derby may have already
booted the database C:\servicemix-4.0-m3\data\derby\target\data\derby.

        at
org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown
Source)

        at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BaseDataFileFactory.privGetJBMSLock
OnDB(Unknown Source)

        at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BaseDataFileFactory.run(UnknownSour
ce)

        at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BaseDataFileFactory.getJBMSLockOnDB
(Unknown Source)

        at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BaseDataFileFactory.boot(Unknown
Source)

        at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.boot(Unknown Source)

thanks, Edell.

----------------------------
Registered Number: 171387

RE: connecting to the db

Posted by "Nolan, Edell" <Ed...@iona.com>.
I have changed this to share a db and use the client/server db model and
it
Seems to do what I want.

Thanks, Edell.

[...]

Registered Address: The IONA Building, Shelbourne Road, Dublin 4,
Ireland

Registered Number: 171387