Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Carlos Sierra Andrés <cs...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/14 15:23:58 UTC

ServiceConstructionException when adding JAX-RS application ruins existing applications

Hey there,

I am trying to implement JAX-RS aries whiteboard on top of CXF and I am
having problems with error handling. I have no problem adding new
applications to an existing bus but, if a new application conflicts with
an existing one, an Exception:

---

Caused by: org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ServiceConstructionException:
There is an endpoint already running on /test-application.
    at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSBindingFactory.addListener(JAXRSBindingFactory.java:86)
    at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ServerImpl.start(ServerImpl.java:123)
    at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSServerFactoryBean.create(JAXRSServerFactoryBean.java:206)

---

is raised, which is expected. The problem is that the already existing
application ceases to work in the bus. Is this an expected behaviour?
Looks like a bug, doesn't it?

Thx in advance!