Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by "Hill, Steven" <SH...@cooperlighting.com> on 2004/12/23 20:35:34 UTC

I need help... please

I have a webservice, deployed into AXIS.  My service will be called from a
.NET client.  The problem that I am having is that my service requeires 3
headers for authentication, but they are not described in the WSDL.  So,
when the .NET proxy class is generated, it creates no means for the client
to pass the information via the header that my service is expecting.  Does
anyone have any ideas?  My WSDD is listed below...

    <service name="InventoryAvailabilityService" provider="java:RPC">
	    <requestFlow>
	        <handler
type="java:com.cooperindustries.server.handlers.authenticate.AuthenticationH
andler"/>
	    </requestFlow>
	    <parameter name="className"
value="com.cooperindustries.server.services.inventoryavailability.InventoryA
vailabilityServiceProvider"/>
	    <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="getAvailability"/>
	    <!-- Bean Mappings -->
	    <beanMapping
languageSpecificType="java:com.cooperindustries.beans.request.inventoryavail
ability.InventoryAvailabilityRequestBean"
qname="ns1:InventoryAvailabilityRequestBean"
xmlns:ns1="http://inventoryavailability.request.beans.cooperindustries.com"/

	    <beanMapping
languageSpecificType="java:com.cooperindustries.beans.response.inventoryavai
lability.InventoryAvailabilityResponseBean"
qname="ns2:InventoryAvailabilityResponseBean"
xmlns:ns2="http://inventoryavailability.response.beans.cooperindustries.com"
/>
	    <beanMapping
languageSpecificType="java:com.cooperindustries.beans.inventoryavailability.
InventoryAvailabilityDetailBean" qname="ns3:InventoryAvailabilityDetailBean"
xmlns:ns3="http://inventoryavailability.beans.cooperindustries.com"/>
	    <beanMapping
languageSpecificType="java:com.cooperindustries.beans.inventoryavailability.
InventoryAvailabilityDistributionCenterBean"
qname="ns4:InventoryAvailabilityDistributionCenterBean"
xmlns:ns4="http://inventoryavailability.beans.cooperindustries.com"/>
	    <beanMapping
languageSpecificType="java:com.cooperindustries.message.Messages"
qname="ns5:Messages" xmlns:ns5="http://message.cooperindustries.com"/>
	    <beanMapping
languageSpecificType="java:com.cooperindustries.message.Message"
qname="ns6:Message" xmlns:ns6="http://message.cooperindustries.com"/>
    </service>
</deployment>

Steven Hill
Project Leader - Sales, Marketing and eBusiness Systems
Cooper Lighting
1121 Highway 74 South
Peachtree City, GA, 30269
Email: shill@cooperlighting.com
Office: (770) 486-4068
Cell: (678) 472-6510

Re: I need help... please

Posted by TMG <tm...@nc.rr.com>.
Steven,

This question should be posted on the user list (axis-user@ws.apache.org).

The simple answer is to use a header in the input of the binding (e.g.
in the wsdl).

If you repost your question, and provide your wsdl to the user's list,
you will probably get more details, etc.

Tom Gordon