Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by zhoushuaifeng <zh...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/18 17:01:36 UTC

setting hdfs balancer bandwidth doesn't work

Hi,
I set the hdfs balance bandwidth from 1048576 to 104857600, but it doesn't work, what's wrong?
Does anyone encounter the same problem?
Thanks a lot.

<property>
  <name>dfs.balance.bandwidthPerSec</name>
  <value>104857600</value>
  <description>
        Specifies the maximum amount of bandwidth that each datanode
        can utilize for the balancing purpose in term of
        the number of bytes per second.
  </description>
</property>

zhoushuaifeng

Re: Re: setting hdfs balancer bandwidth doesn't work

Posted by zhoushuaifeng <zh...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I restart my cluster.
It may be the OS problem. My cluster has 5 nodes, 4 are redhat, and the last added one is suse11. The bandwidth setting works on the redhat nodes, but not on the suse one. My be it doesn't work well when the cluster are composed by different systems.
Is it a bug?
Thanks

zhoushuaifeng

Posted by yuchen xie <xi...@gmail.com>.