Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Mark Hedges <he...@scriptdolphin.org> on 2008/07/06 05:19:41 UTC

Apache2::Directives trouble with Apache::Test

Ugh, I am so flummoxed by this.

How do I get the Apache2::Controller::Directives module to
work from t/conf/extra.conf.in?  Try commenting out the
PerlSetVar for the same named thing and enabling the line to
load the directives and set A2CRenderTemplateDir.

Wacky!  I will buy beer for anyone who can make this work.

Mark

Re: Apache2::Directives trouble with Apache::Test

Posted by Mark Hedges <he...@scriptdolphin.org>.
On Sun, 6 Jul 2008, Geoffrey Young wrote:
> Mark Hedges wrote:
> >
> > How do I get the Apache2::Controller::Directives module to
> > work from t/conf/extra.conf.in?  Try commenting out the
> > PerlSetVar for the same named thing and enabling the line to
> > load the directives and set A2CRenderTemplateDir.
>
> use t/conf/extra.last.conf.in
>
> this is documented, but I guess not all that well.
>
> see
>
>   http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2003/07/08/mod_perl.html

Awesome!  Directives work great now.

Cool!  A2C is now almost functional.  So tired of fitting my brain
into other peoples' code... had to do it my way!  Hopefully
it's close to the "right way" in view of the mod_perl manual.
I kinda like it... loosey goosey structure.

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Mark Hedges wrote:
> Ugh, I am so flummoxed by this.
>
> How do I get the Apache2::Controller::Directives module to
> work from t/conf/extra.conf.in?  Try commenting out the
> PerlSetVar for the same named thing and enabling the line to
> load the directives and set A2CRenderTemplateDir.
>
> Wacky!  I will buy beer for anyone who can make this work.

use t/conf/extra.last.conf.in

this is documented, but I guess not all that well.

see

   http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2003/07/08/mod_perl.html

on the last page where it explains the difference a bit.  now that you
know, you can search the archives and I'm sure you'll find a bit of info
on it.

--Geoff