Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stephan Coboos <cr...@gmx.net> on 2004/03/17 22:29:16 UTC

JXForms and XPath, what's wrong?

Hello,

in my Flowscript I set a bean under the name "picture". Within a
JXTemplate I want to read the filename of the picture. This version
works fine:

${picture.fileName}

But this doesn't work:

#{picture/fileName} or #{$picture/fileName}

Why?

If I use the XPath version I got the following error: "No pointer for
xpath: "...

Where I'am wrong? Can you help me, please?

Regards
Stephan

Re: JXForms and XPath, what's wrong?

Posted by Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>.
Stephan Coboos wrote:
> in my Flowscript I set a bean under the name "picture". Within a
> JXTemplate I want to read the filename of the picture. This version
> works fine:
>
> ${picture.fileName}
>
> But this doesn't work:
>
> #{picture/fileName} or #{$picture/fileName}

Do you have a public getter defined for "fileName"?

	Ugo

Re: JXForms and XPath, what's wrong?

Posted by Jan Hoskens <jh...@schaubroeck.be>.
It may help if  you gave a bit more info about your setup, ie how do you
pass your variable from flow, how does your jx-page look like,
are there any other paths used? I've used a templategenerator as follows,
which does work:

flow: bean "listContainer" contains collection with other beans, collection
name is "beanList", the beans in the collection have a beanName variable.
       -> listContainer (also a bean)
               var: Collection beanList
                                    ->bean
                                           var: String beanName
<snip>
    cocoon.sendPage("internal/jx-pipeline", {"listContainer" :
listContainer});
</snip>

jx-pipeline contains jx generator with a html page:

<snip>
    <jx:forEach items="#{listContainer/beanList}">
        #{beanName}
    </jx:forEach>
</snip>

If you'r just using the bean with beanName, you should get it with only
#{bean/beanName}, passing {"bean":bean} in your flow. So your first try with
xpath should be ok, if nothing else is going wrong.  The $ within an xpath
is indeed a variable, but your bean isn't stored in a variable. The biz data
is passed as one xpath-tree (as far as I know) on which you can use your
xpath as you do when using an XSLT.

Kind Regards,
Jan

Posted by Christopher Oliver <re...@verizon.net>.