Posted to user@hive.apache.org by daniel intskirveli <di...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/08 00:19:01 UTC

(Unknown)

Hello,

I've been trying to build hive 0.12.0 from trunk against Hadoop 0.23.3,
because I want to test some changes I made to HCatalog.

The entire project seems to build fine.
I have a test mapreduce job that uses classes from my newly
built hcatalog-core-0.12.0-SNAPSHOT.jar, and that builds fine too.

I'm running my test as follows:
HADOOP_OPTS=-verbose hadoop jar ~/hadoop_test/target/hcat-test-1.0.jar
org.myorg.HCatTest -files $HCATJAR -libjars $LIBJARS

if $HCATJAR is set to hcatalog-core-0.5.0-cdh4.3.0.jar (cloudera's hcatalog
which I was using previously), the test works correctly.

However, when I set $HCATJAR to hcatalog-core-0.12.0-SNAPSHOT.jar, the
hcatalog jar compiled as part of hive 0.12.0, all the map tasks fail with
the following error:

Error: tried to access method
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobContextImpl.<init>(Lorg/apache/hadoop/mapred/JobConf;Lorg/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/JobID;Lorg/apache/hadoop/util/Progressable;)V
from class org.apache.hcatalog.shims.HCatHadoopShims23

Has anyone seen this before?