Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/30 12:07:14 UTC

Re: merge AuthenticatedUserName

Hi Ahmet,

If you want to pass in two different user names, you need to specify two
domains.  Before you can specify two domains, you have to register the
domains you use.  See connectors.xml (or connectors-proprietary.xml) for
how to register domains.  Then, specify domain_0= and domain_1= in your url
as well.  Make sure your two authorities are also configured to use the
appropriate authoritization domain as well.

If you really have just *one* user name, and want to map it to *two*,
consider using a regular expression mapper to modify the name for one of
your authoriities instead.

Hope this helps.
Karl

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Karl,

I need some time digest your proposed solution. Here is what I have done :

1) Add following two lines to Connectors.xml.

<authorizationdomain domain="spn" name="SharePointNative"/>
<authorizationdomain domain="spad" name="SharePointActiveDirectory"/>

2) restart mcf

3) Go to "List Authority Connections" add/edit "Authorization domain:" to connections. ("SharePointNative" and "SharePointActiveDirectory") appears in pull down menu.

4) Issue a search with following parameters

AuthenticatedUserDomain_0=spn

AuthenticatedUserDomain_1=spad

AuthenticatedUserName_0=ahmet@g-b
AuthenticatedUserName_1=ahmet@g-b.entp

Seem working for now. I will read more and ingest these stuff seems pretty confusing :)

Thanks for your help,
Ahmet
On Wednesday, April 30, 2014 2:57 PM, Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Ahmet,

The authorization domains declared in connectors.xml are NOT Active Directory domains.  They are instead arbitrary.  The end-user documentation describes this in some detail, and I'll send you a reworked chapter of ManifoldCF in Action which describes how these work.

Thanks,
Karl

Hi Karl,

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Ok, sent the appropriate book chapter along.

It sounds to me that in your case you are getting one authenticated
username, e.g. ahmet@g-b .  I understand that somehow you have different
access tokens associated with ahmet@g-b and ahmet@g-b.entp .  If this is
indeed intentional (which would be the first question to ask), then what
I'd do is the following:

(1) Use only the default ManifoldCF authorization domain
(2) Create a regular expression mapper which converts a username of the
form <username>@g-b into <username>@g-b.entp .
(3) Create ONE authority group to represent your merged security zone.
(4) Create TWO authorities, one of which has no prerequisite mappers, and
the other which has the mapper you created in step 2 above.  Both
authorities should belong to the same authority group.

This should solve the problem, don't you think?

Karl

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ahmet,

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.