Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Nishidha Panpaliya <ni...@us.ibm.com> on 2016/03/17 16:50:15 UTC

Debugging Impala code

Hi All,

I'm able to build Impala on Ubuntu ppc64le but getting crashes while

I wanted to know how do you normally debug Impala code while loading test
data before running unit tests. Other than core dump, what are the other
ways to find out causes of crash in Impala?

Thanks,
Nishidha

Re: Debugging Impala code

Posted by Skye Wanderman-Milne <sk...@cloudera.com>.
One small note re: logs: I always run my impalad
with -redirect_stdout_stderr=0 and the environment variable
GLOG_logtostderr=1. This causes Impala to output all log messages to
stderr, which I then redirect to a log file (e.g.
$IMPALA_HOME/be/build/debug/service/impalad -redirect_stdout_stderr=0 &>
/tmp/impalad.log). I find it's easier to have all log messages in a single
file for development.

Re: Debugging Impala code

Posted by Tim Armstrong <ta...@cloudera.com>.

Re: Debugging Impala code