Posted to users@maven.apache.org by nadias <na...@cisco.com> on 2008/01/26 01:40:32 UTC

update/creation of maven-metadata.xml file

How can I force the maven-metadata.xml file to be updated (or created) when
deploying plugins?  I have an instance where the maven-metadata.xml is not
being updated or created when deploying plugins - it seems that deploying
plugins may be different from deploying artifacts.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: update/creation of maven-metadata.xml file

Posted by Jeff MAURY <je...@jeffmaury.com>.
If you deploy a new version, it should be updated as it stores the list of
versions. It will be also updated if you specify the updateReleaseInfo flag
to true. Take care, this flag means the version you are deploying is the
default version of your artifact.

Jeff

On Jan 26, 2008 1:40 AM, nadias <na...@cisco.com> wrote:

> How can I force the maven-metadata.xml file to be updated (or created)
> when
> deploying plugins?  I have an instance where the maven-metadata.xml is not
> being updated or created when deploying plugins - it seems that deploying
> plugins may be different from deploying artifacts.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

La mélancolie c'est communiste
Tout le monde y a droit de temps en temps
La mélancolie n'est pas capitaliste
C'est même gratuit pour les perdants
La mélancolie c'est pacifiste
On ne lui rentre jamais dedans
La mélancolie oh tu sais ça existe
Elle se prend même avec des gants
La mélancolie c'est pour les syndicalistes
Il faut juste sa carte de permanent

Miossec (2006)

http://www.jeffmaury.com
http://riadiscuss.jeffmaury.com

Re: update/creation of maven-metadata.xml file

Posted by Tom Huybrechts <to...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 29, 2008 5:52 PM, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 29, 2008 9:44 AM, Tom Huybrechts <to...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > If you specify an explicit version in your POM, I would think that Maven
> > always finds it ?
>
> Probably, (and that's definitely a best practice,) but not everything
> uses a pom.
>
> 'mvn archetype:create' comes to mind, for example... as well as 'mvn
> deploy:deploy-file' itself.

It's ugly, but mvn
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:<version>:create
would work here too.

Tom

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by nadias <na...@cisco.com>.
My next question would then be: if we specify the exact version to use in the
pom and deploy a plugin using deploy-file then even though the
maven-metadata.xml file hasn't been updated/created, can I rely on the build
run successfully, using the correct plugin?

Posted by Tom Huybrechts <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by nadias <na...@cisco.com>.
Thanks.  I've voted for it and asked for a workaround.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by nadias <na...@cisco.com>.
Will this work deploy-file or just deploy?  I am working with deploy-file but
it is not updating the metadata even if I specify this parameter.

Thanks!

Posted by Tom Huybrechts <to...@gmail.com>.
-DupdateReleaseInfo=true