Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by og...@yahoo.com on 2006/12/08 05:12:48 UTC

Re: [Nutch-general] classifying content

Chad,

Look at LingPipe - there is a nice classification tutorial there - http://alias-i.com/ .

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: chad savage <cs...@activeathletemedia.com>
To: nutch-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, December 7, 2006 12:52:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Nutch-general] classifying content

Hey Eelco,

We would like to organize information into a hierarchical category
system.  It's all general web content(html from the web).
Yes, there are a number of references to varying techniques on the net
(scientific papers, theoretical, practical, mind boggling). My problem
is determining the best method. and of course implementing it with my
limited nutch/java abilities.  May have to outsource most of this.
Not to mention the many formats for ontologies: owl,rdf,daml, some
others I am sure I'm missing.

We would like to be able to crawl the web and categorize the pages into
buckets.  We currently have a number of separate configs for nutch all
crawling different subsets of our web sites with multiple indexes as a
start for being able to search separate categories.  The goal is to have
one crawl that can scan all of the websites and index the content into
these predetermined buckets and keep them in one master index.

If there are any groups out there that handle this I would be more than
happy to discuss techniques and possible outsourcing.

Chad