Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org> on 2017/04/12 23:06:42 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Flink 1.2.1 (RC2)

Dear Flink community,

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Flink version 1.2
.1.

The commit to be voted on:
76eba4e0 <http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/flink/commit/76eba4e0>
(*http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/flink/commit/76eba4e0
<http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/flink/commit/76eba4e0>*)

Branch:
release-1.2.1-rc2

The release artifacts to be voted on can be found at:
http://people.apache.org/~rmetzger/flink-1.2.1-rc2/

The release artifacts are signed with the key with fingerprint D9839159:
http://www.apache.org/dist/flink/KEYS

*https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1117
<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1117>*

The vote ends on Tuesday, 1pm CET.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Flink 1.2.1
[ ] -1 Do not release this package, because ...

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flink 1.2.1 (RC2)

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
Agreed, as I said above:

> [...]

Best,
Aljoscha

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
If this bug was already present in 1.2.0, then I guess not many users have
used this feature. Otherwise we would have seen complaints on the mailing
list.

From the JIRA issue description, it looks as if we have to fix it for 1.3.0

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
LICENSE file exists

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
I downloaded and expanded flink-1.2.1-src.tgz one more time.

The failed tests are not in source tar ball.

Looks like I expanded the tar ball into the same directory for previous RC
last week.

Cheers

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding) for the release

Posted by Gyula Fóra <gy...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Andrew Psaltis <ps...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Psaltis <ps...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Greg Hogan <co...@greghogan.com>.
+1 (binding) for the release

- checked all checksums and signatures
- started standalone clusters and ran Gelly example

Greg