Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Ben Davis <be...@boldidea.org> on 2020/02/07 22:31:46 UTC

Disconnect errors (error code 203)

I'm have a Guacamole server that connects to TigerVNC servers running on
virtual machines. Every now and then (roughly every 10-20 min), I get the
following error message:

CONNECTION ERROR
> The remote desktop server encountered an error and has closed the
> connection. Please try again or contact the system administrator.

Is this error ever caused by network issues between the browser and
Guacamole? Or is this only due to issues between the VNC server and
Guacamole?

Ben Davis

*Education Director*

*214-442-1635  | https://boldidea.org/ <http://boldidea.org/>*

* <https://boldidea.org/donate>*

Re: Disconnect errors (error code 203)

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 4:45 PM Ben Davis <be...@boldidea.org> wrote:

> I did a little more digging and found I might be having this issue
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-414>. In the vncserver
> logs, I found error messages regarding TLS right whent the disconnect
> occurs. I'm using SecurityTypes=VNCAuth on my vnc server, and so far have
> not experienced any more disconnections.

Glad you found it.  I think that fix will go into the next version -
provided you have the proper version of libvnc.

-Nick

Re: Disconnect errors (error code 203)

Posted by Ben Davis <be...@boldidea.org>.

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.