Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org> on 2018/04/20 14:48:28 UTC

For new committers: how to merge a PR in Fineract 1x... and how to ask for help

Hey all,

It came up on the private list that our newest committers may not know
how to merge a Pull Request on the Fineract 1X git-wip.

Here are the instructions:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/Merge+a+pull+request+to+a+mirrored+Apache+repo

In the future, if you can't figure out how to do something, please ask
on the public list.
1.) It's likely you're not the only one struggling.  Others will
appreciate your courage and the information you elicit.  There's no
shame in not knowing; becoming a committer doesn't magically turn you
into an expert on Apache Infra.
2.) If you ask a single volunteer, that person may not know the
answer.  Even if they do, they could easily become overwhelmed.  If
you ask on the development list, the task of helping people get up to
speed can be spread out in the community or be picked up by those most
knowledgeable in the specific question you have.

Best Regards,
Myrle

Re: For new committers: how to merge a PR in Fineract 1x... and how to ask for help

Posted by Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org>.
I've added you to confluence now Steve. You have permissions to edit
and to delete now.

Re: For new committers: how to merge a PR in Fineract 1x... and how to ask for help

Posted by Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org>.
Hey Steve,

You are welcome to edit the confluence documentation.  There are no
single owners of those documents.  They belong to everyone in the
project, so that means you too.

Old versions are saved, so you don't need to worry about breaking things.

Before you can do that though, you'll need to register with Apache's
confluence: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/signup.action

Let me know what your ID is when you've done that, and I'll give you
the permissions you need to edit.

Best Regards,
Myrle

Posted by Steve Conrad <sc...@gmail.com>.