Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by DaveMainwaring <da...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/05 14:11:54 UTC

How do I access files to import from on the desk top?

How do I access files to import from on the desk top?

AOO412m3(Build:9782)  -  Rev. 1709696
2015-10-21 09:53:29 (Mi, 21 Okt 201

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version    6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description     Not Available
OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation
System Name    DLM_TOSHIBA-PC
System Manufacturer    TOSHIBA
System Model    Satellite L755
System Type    x64-based PC
Processor    Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B960 @ 2.20GHz, 2200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2
Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date    INSYDE 3.10, 2/10/2012
SMBIOS Version    2.7
Windows Directory    C:\windows
System Directory    C:\windows\system32

Knowledge workers "think for a living"

 read          http:// mainzoneknowledgenetwork . blogspot com/
{remove spaces}

My Pastime: Building "Knowledge Networks" where participants share, learn
and grow
<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Re: How do I access files to import from on the desk top?

Posted by DaveMainwaring <da...@gmail.com>.
You misunderstood the issue.
I an writing a text document and want to insert a file into the document.
I choose the Insert File from drop down menu
Then I get a directory but no access to the desk top to select a file.

The choice of directories limited, so I have to move files into documents
which is a PIA

Virus-free.
<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Knowledge workers "think for a living"
The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from
you.- B.B. King
 Please visit          http:// mainzoneknowledgenetwork . blogspot com/
   {remove spaces}

Posted by Andrea <an...@gmx.ch>.

Posted by nasrin khaksar <na...@gmail.com>.
hi.
i suggest you to find your file in the search box and you can access it.

On 6/6/16, Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@groenescheij.com> wrote:
> Navigate to C:\user\{user name}\Desktop
>

> On 06/06/16 12:11 AM, DaveMainwaring wrote:
>> How do I access files to import from on the desk top?
>>
>> AOO412m3(Build:9782)  -  Rev. 1709696
>> 2015-10-21 09:53:29 (Mi, 21 Okt 201
>>
>> OS Name    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
>> Version    6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
>> Other OS Description     Not Available
>> OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation
>> System Name    DLM_TOSHIBA-PC
>> System Manufacturer    TOSHIBA
>> System Model    Satellite L755
>> System Type    x64-based PC
>> Processor    Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B960 @ 2.20GHz, 2200 Mhz, 2 Core(s),
>> 2
>> Logical Processor(s)
>> BIOS Version/Date    INSYDE 3.10, 2/10/2012
>> SMBIOS Version    2.7
>> Windows Directory    C:\windows
>> System Directory    C:\windows\system32

holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
al-islam.org

Re: How do I access files to import from on the desk top?

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.