Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Chris Olsen <co...@mchsi.com> on 2022/09/19 02:26:46 UTC

Netbeans 15 installation hangs

Hello, Everyone --

   I have successfully installed Netbeans 15 on my office machine (Windows 10) but on my home machine (Windows 11) the installation hangs.

   It stops at the 20% point in the "Checking for updates" Progress indicator, and if I tell it to not check for updates it stops at the same 20% location of the installation progress.  (Is 20 a magic number??)

   I have tried uninstalling the (not completed) installation but have run into difficulty there with a "some file (nbi?) is locked" message.  None of the different methods I have tried to do the uninstall have worked, though one method detected an error of some sort an assured me it could do the installation anyway.

   I am not a technical guru, and thus I don't know what other information might be helpful to you.  Any suggestions are much appreciated!

   -- Chris