Posted to user@storm.apache.org by "Le, Binh T." <bi...@accenture.com> on 2021/11/18 14:40:35 UTC

ZeroMQ in Storm 2

Is ZeroMQ still used in Storm 2.x? If so, what version? According to https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/9 and https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-2897, ZeroMQ has been removed. However, they are still referenced in the following documentation:

  *   http://storm.apache.org/releases/current/Installing-native-dependencies.html
  *   https://storm.apache.org/releases/2.2.0/Troubleshooting.html

Is the documentation just outdated?

________________________________

www.accenture.com

Re: ZeroMQ in Storm 2

Posted by Jonas Krauss <jk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Binh,

to my knowledge ZeroMQ is no longer used in storm.

From what you describe it seems there is a problem with acking/failing in
your topology (could be downstream bolts do not ack or fail in all cases)
and tuples get emitted until max pending is exhausted, then start failing
when they hit the tuple timeout.

This might help:
https://storm.apache.org/releases/2.2.0/Guaranteeing-message-processing.html

Jonas