Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by sm...@arcor.de on 2004/09/24 11:51:59 UTC

local roles, how to

hello,

i've a question to roles again. i know there is a documentation in the lenya docs. but i don't really know where to start. so maybe anybody can give me an example to my example.

1. i created an lenya publication with the following structure: (as shown on the leya tab "site")

/btu-portal
    / Rubrik 1
    / Chairs And Institutions
    / News
        / Meldung 1

2. i created some users R1, R2, CR1:
R1 should have the right, only to publish in content in Rubrik 1 after CR1 reviewed it (works by default, but he can publish everywhere)
where to switch this off? it's beacause of inherited rights?

R2 should have the right to publish direct in Rubrik 1 but he should not review the content of R1. He just wants to click and the file is submitted. -> it would work if he's reviewer but he then has the right to review content of R1

CR1 is an local admin of the Rubrik 1, he should have the right to create local users and he should have the right to review

will be thankful for some hints, esp. where to add wich information.

stefan

Arcor-DSL: jetzt ohne Einrichtungspreis einsteigen oder wechseln
Sie sparen 99,95 Euro. Arcor-DSL ist in vielen Anschlussgebieten
verfügbar. http://www.arcor.de/home/redir.php/emf-dsl-1

Re: local roles, how to

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
sm-foren@arcor.de wrote:
> hello,
>
> i've a question to roles again. i know there is a documentation in the lenya docs. but i don't really know where to start. so maybe anybody can give me an example to my example.
>
> 1. i created an lenya publication with the following structure: (as shown on the leya tab "site")
>
> /btu-portal
>     / Rubrik 1
>     / Chairs And Institutions
>     / News
>         / Meldung 1
>
> 2. i created some users R1, R2, CR1:
> R1 should have the right, only to publish in content in Rubrik 1 after CR1 reviewed it (works by default, but he can publish everywhere)
> where to switch this off? it's beacause of inherited rights?

Is R1 in the group "reviewer"?

If yes, you could

- remove her from this group and
- give her the role "edit" only on the "Rubrik 1" subtree.

Another way would be to define a group rubrik_1_reviewer.

> R2 should have the right to publish direct in Rubrik 1 but he should
 > not review the content of R1. He just wants to click and the
> file is submitted. -> it would work if he's reviewer but he then has the right to review content of R1

The same here.

- remove R2 from the group "reviewer"
- add the role "review" for R2 on the "Rubrik 1" subtree

> CR1 is an local admin of the Rubrik 1, he should have the right to create local users

There is no such concept as "local users". Users are defined
per publication.

> and he should have the right to review

Just give her the role "reviewer" on this subtree.

-- Andreas